Last Updated: February 4, 2019
Your privacy is important to us. Please read the following to learn more.
Information that you provide to us. We collect personal, demographic and ordering information provided by users when they register with and/or place orders on the Fooda Sites. This information may include, among other things, names, addresses and other personal information, email addresses, mobile and other telephone numbers, instant messaging ("IM") addresses, age and date of birth, and product and restaurant preferences. You may, however, visit our website Fooda.com without providing such personal information.
We also collect information provided by users in response to market research surveys or polls. Participation by our customers in such market research is entirely optional and at your discretion.
We will also collect any information that you provide to us if you correspond with us or post any content through the Fooda Sites.
Information we collect automatically. We collect and store information such as page views, computer IP addresses, MAC address, session identifiers, location information, and other statistics in the form of logs to track user activities, to infer user interests, and to otherwise induce, deduce, and gather information about individual users and market segments, including but not limited to geographic information. We also use these logs to enhance the technical performance of the Fooda Sites.
We may collect your browser-type, operating system and other software or hardware information.
We may use internal tools and third party applications and services (such as Google Analytics) to collect and analyze information. To learn how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please visit: “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
We may use "cookies" or similar technologies to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to the Fooda Sites. Please refer to the "'cookies" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
We may use the information we collect from you in the following ways:
- We use the information we collect to provide our Services and the Fooda Sites.
- To allow us to provide better service and respond to your customer service requests.
- To administer a promotion, survey or other Fooda Site or Services feature.
- To provide advertising relevant to you.
- To respond to subpoenas, search warrants, judicial proceedings, court orders, legal process, or other law enforcement measures, to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims.
- We may also share information about you for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or with your consent.
- Upon request, we provide Fooda Site account holders with access to transaction information (e.g., dates on which customers made purchases or amounts and types of purchases) and contact information (e.g., name, address and phone number) we maintain about them.
In order to process your food order, we must share the following information every time you place an order with a restaurant: your name, company, delivery address and food order. This information will be provided to the restaurant vendor from who you have ordered as well as any delivery service providers as necessary. We may also share with such vendors other information that you provide, including telephone numbers, email addresses, IM addresses and other information relating to your order. Other ways we may share your personal information are:
- Occasionally, we may share, sell or rent aggregated market research data with third party partners and vendors.
- We or third party partners or vendors sometimes will provide you with the opportunity to elect to receive email newsletters or other benefits from us or third parties. Unless you opt-out with respect to such offers, we may provide the third party partner or vendor with your email address and/or other personal information.
- We may use the information collected to send special offers on behalf of third party partners or vendors (including restaurants), via email, IM or other means. If you accept an offer, we may share your name and address with this third party.
- If your employer pays for some portion of your food purchase, upon request we will provide reporting to the employer that may include your name, email, order date, order location, food items purchased, restaurant name, food prices, order total.
- We sometimes engage third party companies and individuals to perform functions on behalf of Fooda, including but not limited to fulfillment and delivery of purchases, credit card payment authorizations, site usage analysis, marketing and promotions. In such circumstances, we will share information about you or provided by you so that those parties can perform those functions on our behalf.
- We may also disclose your personal information to comply with legal obligations, law enforcement inquiries or where reasonably necessary to protect life, health or property.
- If we sell our company, or otherwise transfer any assets of our company (including due to a sale in connection with a bankruptcy), we may provide your personal information to the purchaser for use by such purchaser.
Fooda does not track users across the web, nor does Fooda authorize the collection of PII (Personal Identifiable Information) from third party advertising networks and therefore, Fooda does not use “do no track” signals.
Our customer service representatives may use your telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and IM addresses to notify you of the status of your order and for other purposes, such as quality assurance, product safety and customer service matters.
We may also use the information collected to send special offers from Fooda Sites and on behalf of third party partners or vendors (including restaurants), via email, postal mail, IM or other means. Third party partners and vendors may also send you offers of potential interest.
Online advertising. If you prefer to not receive targeted advertising, you can opt out of some network advertising programs that use your information. These network advertising programs may allow you to view and manage the interest categories they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive. To find out more, look for icons or other information displayed in the ads. To opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from third parties, click on both of the following links:
Mobile location information. When you use our website on your mobile device, you may choose not to share your location with us by adjusting the device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your plan provider or device manufacturer. For more information on opting out on mobile devices, you may also visit:
We use industry standard encryption technologies, such as 2048-bit SSL Secure Sockets Layer with TLS Encryption, when transferring and receiving personal information on the Fooda Sites. However, no commercial method of information transfer over the Internet or electronic data storage is known to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage in our systems.
You may opt out of information collection at any time by uninstalling any apps that we may offer from all of your devices, and/or by deactivating any account you may have created by contacting customer service . You can correct or update your personal information by re-registering, updating your profile, or by contacting us by electronic-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a written request to the address set forth in Section 15 below. However, we will maintain copies of your information to the extent retained as part of our standard backup/archive process. In addition, these procedures will not remove any of your information that you have provided to other users or third parties, or that has been collected from you by third parties linked from the Fooda Sites or Services. For more information on how to opt-out of interest-based advertising and the collection of location information through our app, please see Section 7, above.
We may also supplement the information that we collect with information with other sources, such as page view information, credit history and similar information from credit bureaus and information that you may make available from social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
It is important to note that the Fooda Sites and Services are offered under United States law. If you are not in the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer to and store your personal information in the United States, which—depending on where you are located—may not be viewed as having the same data protections as the country where you reside. We may also transfer your information to other countries, which may have different data protections laws from the United States. By using the Fooda Sites or Services and/or providing us with your visitor information, you consent to such transfers.
The Fooda Sites and Services are not designed for, or directed at, children eighteen (18) years of age or younger. It is not our policy to intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under the age of eighteen (18). No one under the age of eighteen (18) is permitted to submit any personal information to Fooda. If you learn that anyone under the age of eighteen (18) has submitted personal information to Food, please contact us immediately.
Under the law of certain states, including California Civil Code § 1798.83, you are entitled once per calendar year to obtain information from us about who your personal information has been shared with for their own direct marketing purposes. In order to obtain this information, or for other questions or comments regarding our privacy policies, you may contact us at:
363 W. Erie St
Chicago, IL 60654